Saturday, December 22, 2012

There and Back Again: Days 152-159

Day 152: A masked lady, and some simple celtic knots. I really do like this one, though there's not much to say about it.

Day 153: I was thinking about Janus, and 'the hornéd god', and flowey ladies (though that last isn't new or different). The way her (their?) faces turned out intrigues me.

Day 154: The face and the arms and hands were drawn first: and then I went to my friends' place and got drunk. I wasn't going to let something so simple as inebriation get between me and finishing the day's hour of drawing, though! You can track my blood alcohol content around the drawing by how harmonious the flowey lines are.

Day 155: Oh do I love this one. Apart from the fact that legs don't work like that...

Day 156: Playing with drapery is really fun and surprisingly meditative.

Day 157: I've pretty much decided that this is Morgan le Fey; also, that tucked-up skirt thing is me really specifically and really deliberately nabbing an element I've always loved in Kinuko Craft's costumes. Again with drapery being fun!

Day 158: Nothing much to say about this one - it's a dud.

Day 159: This is a drawing where I tried to take a specific character from a specific medium and make the result look like something that belonged in my sketchbook. I think I succeeded!

No comments:

Post a Comment