Sunday, October 28, 2012

SVA Life Drawing 9/24 and 10/22

Last Monday, I went to another SVA model session. It was really excellent! I mean, I'm not excellent at it, but it was a great few hours. One of the things that happened between sessions, though, was my looking through the drawings I'd done from the previous model session. Not the last one I posted - but the one after it, which had been a terrible few hours for me, but which didn't actually yield the horrible, awful drawings I'd thought at the time.

2- and 5-minute poses

5-minute poses

5- and 10-minute poses

10- and 20-minute poses

Those are all from the 9/24 session. They're not the greatest - I took a long, long time to warm up, and every set feels behind: the 5 min posess look like 2s, the 10s look like 5s, the 20s look like 10s - but you know, there are some nice moments in these pages.

Then I didn't go back for a month.

2-minute poses

2- and 5-minute poses

5-minute poses

10- and 20-minute poses
These are from the 10/22 session. I'm really pleased to see the difference between the September and October drawings, because there's definitely more confidence and ease in them, for all that my gesture still leaves quite a lot to be desired.

I'd be going again this week but there's sort of a hurricane, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment