Wednesday, September 26, 2012

There and Back Again: Days 70-75

Day 70: The only time so far that I have given myself a pass on doing the full hour: I had pulled an all-nighter, and as I sat down to draw I came upon hour 36 of being awake. I tried very, very hard to complete the hour anyway, but I was literally falling asleep as I drew; my head was nodding down to my chest and then snapping back up as I drifted in and out of consciousness.

So I gave up and went to sleep at 7pm and went back the next day and did the second half-hour. I'm actually very in love with it.

Day 71: And then I drew a naked dead girl with a confrontational (but gentle?) gaze, because it's funny to make the book somewhat awkward for non-artists to look through? But actually it's because I had no idea how to drape clothes on her form.

Day 72: I really enjoyed this drawing, poor anatomy and all. 

Day 73: I was having an emotional day, from a combination of it being September 11th, a heartbreakingly beautiful Fall day, and the Metropolitan Museum. I took refuge in drawing from a statue in the American Wing that really touched me, and fell into that until the light shifted too much to continue. It was very meditative.

Day 74: And then I drew a sad woman with a broken-looking wrist very, very slowly. Facetiousness aside, I like her a lot.

Day 75: This one, not as much, though her hands do please me.

No comments:

Post a Comment